Welcome to the Virginia IET Blueprint site!
This Integrated Education and Training (IET) blueprint is adapted from the PluggedInVA model, a career pathways program that integrates academic and literacy skills, workforce preparation activities, and occupational training through simultaneous co-enrollment in adult education and postsecondary education and training.
- Access the IET Blueprint for a downloadable collection of technical assistance and instructional resources for IET.
- Use the IET Shared Learning Objectives Template to develop shared learning objectives between the three essential elements of an IET.
- Review the resources in the Redesigning IET Technical Assistance document.
- Watch the IET Technical Assistance Kick-off Video for more information (July, 2020).
An updated map of Virginia’s IET programs is in development!
[In development: Visit the Maps and Data Visualizations page for more information about Virginia’s IET programming in 2020-2021.]
Resources to get started
- Virginia’s Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education: Use the IET Planning Tool on the professional development page for an IET planning template.
*Use the ADA Compliant IET Planning Tool for a text-reader friendly version of the tool.
- The Virginia Adult Learning Resource Center: Access the professional learning pages for resources, tools, and guidance on adult learning and career pathways.
- The Virginia Community College System: Use the Virginia Education Wizard’s Workforce page for work skills, aptitude, and interest assessments; resources for building technical and soft skills; resume and interviewing practice; and local career resources. The site also includes resources for job searching and locating occupational training opportunities. Learners can set up an account to keep track of their assessments, resources, and progress.