In August 2020, the Department of Education and the Virginia Adult Learning Resource Center (VALRC) facilitated a two-day IET meeting for all adult education programs to focus on redesigning IETs for new distance-oriented learning environments. The meeting focused on virtual and distance instructional delivery, online credential options, support for English learners in IETs, and workshopping the IET planning tool to develop fully integrated IET Programs. The resources below were identified during the meeting breakout discussions as important issues for realigning IET programming to new distance learning environments.
Five sections are covered in this resource:
- Managing the IET timeline with concurrent IET activities
- Integrating learning support services
- Building partnerships and identifying partner contributions
- Enhancing recruitment and screening processes
- Supporting English learners in IET